Sweet Summer (in May) Sun

Sweet Summer (in May) Sun
Five silly faces

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'd like to say wake me up when September ends, but September has come and gone.

How? When?

But it's so much more than the passing of a another month, another week.

It seems like just yesterday I was a high school student playing three sports and sleeping through first block Chemistry. How then does it come to pass that I am actually a 30-something mother to two willful, amazing children who were born just days ago and by some miracle are already eight and three years old? How then is it possible that I am married more than nine years to my best friend? How then is it possible that I am an adult with a mortgage and a car payment? A mini van?

Thanks for stopping by this blog. It's new. I plan to post often. I plan to be honest. I plan to savor the remnants of my children's childhoods and I plan to share some of the good stuff here. I plan to love my husband and tell you the best stuff about him here. I plan to complain about being in school and how hard it is to look around and know that I'm not the 16-year old who ran the 800-m and the 1600-m with ease. I plan to tell you just how life is in the independent nation of Brooke.


(Wake Me Up When September Ends, Green Day, American Idiot album)

2 comments:

  1. you also sang the smurf theme song when you ran the 1600...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blog...finally! I'll be a faithful follower.

    ReplyDelete