Sweet Summer (in May) Sun

Sweet Summer (in May) Sun
Five silly faces

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crashing Parties Mama Style

So there's a little church across the street from our house. It's probably a 250-member or so church with a fairly active congregation. Pretty frequently we see this congregation having hotdog suppers, hay rides, bouncy houses - that kind of thing.

Well, this afternoon when my parents stopped by to pick up my 8 year-old for a sleep over, my 3 year-old said, "Look Mommy - horses!" And since we've been invited (many times) to attend functions at this sweet church, I thought to myself, "Today, we go."

So back into the house we went for my Sweet Girl to put on her jeans and (red) cowgirl boots ('cause you don't ride horses in Twinkle Toes and leggings!) and across the street we went.

What a great set-up - kids (baby goats), horses, snakes, rabbits, turtles and at least one exotic birds, plus there was a tractor all set up for a hay ride and lots of children having a great time.

And so I was talking to this really nice lady who asked me, "So, is your daughter in Cameron's class?"

"Um, no. Who's Cameron?" I said, "Isn't this a church event?"

She was very sweet, but she did laugh, and said, "No, Cameron is my son - this is his birthday party."

Oh my. Talk about being embarrassed. But the Hostess Mom was so very sweet - she said, "C'mon - let her ride the horse and see the animals. We don't mind."

So I did. I walked my 3 year-old over to the line to ride horses and in a few minutes she was riding a gelding named Sandman. She loved it. Then we walked back over for her to pet the goat and the rabbit, and hold the snake, and then we thanked the Hostess Mom and crossed the street to come home.

So. Today I taught my daughter how to crash a birthday party (and in total style, too, I might add). What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment